Frey with "You Are Free" over his nose and mouth
|Occupation||College student, Hacker|
|First Appearance||Ch 0 (Part 1)|
|Mentioned||Intro - Hello World|
Frey is one of the characters appearing in Wenqing Yan's comic, Fisheye Placebo. It is implied that Frey isn't his real name. He is a hacker that works with Robin and has succeeded with her in hacking Solar Eye's database.
Frey has grayish-white hair that's long enough to reach his eyes. He has bright turquoise eyes, along with matching colored headphones. He's mostly seen wearing a turquoise shirt with a brownish-grey fur hoodie over it, skinny jeans, and black converse shoes. When he was younger, his hair was blonde and his eyes were blue.
He is first shown in the second comic of Fisheye Placebo. He was with Robin discussing Vance Lee and planning to pretend to be Robin to figure out whether or not Vance was a spy. After an embarrassing personal messaging stint, he concludes Vance is only a minor setback.
Frey seems to have been working with Robin for a while. They haven't talked much but it is evident that they are comfortable enough together, even if it's just for the accomplishment of their goals.
There isn't much background on Frey's relationship with Vance.
- Before the release of Fisheye Placebo there was many concept designs of Frey and Vance being "chummy".
- Frey's dorm is very jail like, to see a picture click here.
- Frey also has many concepts showing him playing violin, see Frey's Violin.
- Some artworks depicts Frey playing an Electric Violin, though we have yet to see his skill within the comics.
See Also: Frey's Violin
- A post in Wenqing Yan's Tumblr show a cosplay of Vance kissing Frey and she says in strikethrough text "This is now canon", this could also mean "This is official". It is not known if this is a joke or not but if it isn't, then Frey and Vance may have an relationship in the future.
- Frey just like Robin has also crossed dressed for information (social engineering).
- In Norse mythology, Frey (also written as Freyr or Yngvi-Freyr) is the god of fertility and is also associated with sacral kingship. The god is also said to be highly attractive.
- The name Frey also is similar to the word "free", which is what Frey seems to try to achieve with a revolution.